JOB TITLE: MARKETING COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
STATUS: Part-time, no more than 29 hours per week (non-exempt), interns welcome to apply
HOURS: Generally 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Choristers Guild is a Dallas-based international nonprofit organization that enables leaders to nurture the spiritual and music growth of children, youth, and adults. It does this through a membership and educational program for choir directors and by publishing sacred, handbell, instrumental, and school music, and is considered one of the finest boutique publishers in the world with a catalog of over 6,000 songs in its 70 years of operation. The office is located in North Dallas, near LBJ/Central Expressway.
The Marketing Coordinator assists the marketing director in developing and implementing Choristers Guild (CG)’s comprehensive communications and marketing activities, including but not limited to managing the website, email and direct mail marketing, The Chorister, social media, webinar series, member/customer acquisition/retention mailing and other initiatives, brand management, and promotional support to local chapters.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support execution of multi-channel marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Write and upload regular updates to website content to ensure that electronic information is accurate, current, and engaging.
- Support CG’s fund development, member engagement, events/conferences, and product sale efforts through creation and delivery of effective print, digital, and social media content.
- Assist in producing, scheduling, and invoicing of advertisements for The Chorister, a bimonthly magazine for CG members. Help solicit advertising and arrange in-kind advertising swaps with related organizations. Occasional support in producing editorial content.
- Produce digital resources tied to member benefits (such as the Digital Chorister and Digital Choral Packets) and other products for members/dealers as requested.
- As part of a small but flexible, team-oriented staff, assist as needed with customer service, conferences, inventory management, and other duties as assigned by the Marketing Director.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or obtaining a bachelor’s in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Music, or related field
- Strong project management and analytical skills, creative and resourceful in forming approaches to increase brand awareness and appreciation
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop), Microsoft Office, email marketing services (Constant Contact), website content management
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; knowledge of AP style
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Demonstrates high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to interact with members, customers, volunteers, vendors, and all others in a manner that positively represents CG’s mission and brand
- Ability to recognize and safeguard confidential information
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities to be performed. It should be noted that employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Forward resumes to email@example.com, with per hour pay expectation.