Ruth K. Jacobs Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: Up to $1500 per year.
2018 Ruth Krehbiel Jacobs Scholarship Application (online submission only) - Please read all information and directions before submitting.
2018 Ruth Krehbiel Jacobs Scholarship Reference Submission Form (send this link to your reference providers)
Established in memory of Ruth Krehbiel Jacobs, founder of Choristers Guild, the Scholarship Fund provides financial aid to full-time students preparing for church music ministry. An applicant must be a junior, senior, or graduate student majoring in music, who holds choral music with children and youth as a primary interest. Scholarship grants are given on the basis of academic merit, interest in church music (especially children's and youth choirs), and ministry of church music as a vocation.
Applicants must be registered as a full-time student and at the junior, senior or graduate level at an accredited U.S. or Canadian university. Recipients must maintain full-time student status, in good academic standing, at an accredited U.S. or Canadian university. Choristers Guild defines full-time student status as a minimum of 12 registered hours per semester. Recipients must submit proof of registration prior to receiving all funds and submit a completed grade report prior to receiving the second funds distribution. Scholarships will be paid to the school in care of the Bursar's office for distribution to the student. Payments are made twice a year (September and January) after proof of registration is received.
Preference may be given to those who demonstrate:
-Passion for leading children and youth in music
-Intention to serve in church music ministry
Applications must be submitted by February 1, 2018
Recipients will be notified by June 15, 2018
Please fill in the information below as completely and accurately as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All supporting documents (letters of reference, additional documents) must be received by the application deadline for an application to be complete.
An applicant must:
- Be a Music Major with choral church music as a primary interest.
- Be registered as a junior, senior, or graduate student in an accredited university.
- Be registered as a full-time student
- Demonstrate talent and leadership ability and promise of future in church music.
- Scholarship Application
- Transcript(s) (official transcripts from all colleges attended)
- Letters of reference from 4 different references (applicants, provide each reference with reference link above)
- 1. Music Professor
- 2. Church Musician
- 3. Ordained Minister
- 4. Personal Reference
Only applications submitted through our online form by the deadline of February 1, 2018 will be considered. No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Choristers Guild Institute (CGI) Scholarships
Scholarship Amount: Amounts vary. Generally between $200 and $400.
Application Form for 2018 Choristers Guild Institute Scholarships
Online Reference Submission Form for Choristers Guild Institute 2018 Scholarships (send this link to your reference providers)
A number of partial scholarships are available for attendees at the Choristers Guild Institute. The Choristers Guild Institute is a weeklong, 3-stage residential summer training program for leaders of children's and youth choirs (K-8) in churches and church schools, designed to strengthen directors’ musical and pedagogical skills and to equip them to effectively integrate children in worship.
2018 Scholarship Process
- Applicants must register for the Choristers Guild Institute at the minimum deposit level of $100 by February 28, 2018 in order to apply for scholarship funds.
- Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2018.
- Recipients will be notified by April 9, 2018 of award or regret.
- Applicants need to register for the Choristers Guild Institute at the minimum deposit level of $100 by February 28, 2018 in order to apply for scholarship funds.
- Preference may be given to the following individuals:
- Those who display a commitment to children's church music and have a history and/or future plans to minister as a church musician.
- First-time attendees at the Choristers Guild Institute who pledge to attend in future years.
- Returning participants who have demonstrated exceptional work at the Institute in previous years.
- Practicing church musicians with evidence of experience in a sustained position.
- Scholarship Application
- Letters of reference from 2 different references (applicants, provide each reference with link posted above)
- 1. Employer or Music Professor
- 2. Church Musician or Leader
Only complete applications submitted through our online form by application deadline will be considered. No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.