Ruth K. Jacobs Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: Up to $1,500 per year.
2019 Ruth Krehbiel Jacobs Scholarship Application (online submission only) - Please read all information and directions before submitting.
2019 Ruth Krehbiel Jacobs Scholarship Reference Submission Form (send this link to your reference providers)
Established in memory of Ruth Krehbiel Jacobs, founder of Choristers Guild, the Scholarship Fund provides financial aid to full-time students preparing for church music ministry. An applicant must be a junior, senior, or graduate student majoring in music, whose primary interest is choral music with children and youth. Scholarships are given on the basis of academic merit, interest in church music (especially children's and youth choirs), and ministry of church music as a vocation.
Applicants must be registered as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. or Canadian university. Recipients must maintain full-time student status in good academic standing. Choristers Guild defines full-time student status as a minimum of 12 registered hours per semester. Recipients must submit proof of registration prior to receiving any funds. Scholarships will be paid to the school in care of the Bursar's office for distribution to the student. Payments are made twice a year (September and January). The first distribution will be made after proof of registration is received, and the second after receipt of a report of class completion. Applications must be submitted by February 1, 2019
Recipients will be notified by June 15, 2019
Incomplete applications will not be considered. All supporting documents (letters of reference, additional documents) also must be received by the application deadline for your application to be eligible.
An applicant must:
- Be a music major with choral church music as a primary interest.
- Be registered as a junior, senior, or graduate student in an accredited university.
- Be registered as a full-time student (12 hours or more)
- Demonstrate talent, leadership ability and promise of a future in church music.
- Scholarship Application
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Letters of reference from 4 different individuals (applicants, provide each reference with reference link above)
- 1. Music Professor
- 2. Church Musician
- 3. Ordained Minister
- 4. Personal Reference
Only applications received through our online form, along with supporting documents, by the deadline of February 1, 2019 will be considered.
Choristers Guild Institute (CGI) Scholarships
Scholarship Amount: Varies; generally between $200 to $500
Application Form for 2019 Choristers Guild Institute Scholarships
Online Reference Submission Form for Choristers Guild Institute 2019 Scholarships (Send this link to your reference providers)
A number of partial scholarships are available for Choristers Guild Institute attendees. The Choristers Guild Institute is a week-long, three-stage residential summer training program for leaders of children's and youth choirs (K-8) in churches and church schools. The Insitute is designed to strengthen directors’ musical and pedagogical skills and to equip them to effectively integrate children in worship.
2019 Scholarship Process
- Applicants must register for the Choristers Guild Institute with a deposit of $200 by February 1, 2019, in order to apply for scholarship funds.
- Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2019.
- Recipients will be notified by April 9, 2019, of award or regret.
- Preference may be given to the following individuals:
- Those who display a commitment to children's church music and have a history and/or future plans to minister as a church musician.
- First-time attendees at the Choristers Guild Institute who pledge to attend in future years.
- Returning participants who have demonstrated exceptional work at the Institute in previous years.
- Practicing church musicians with evidence of experience in a sustained position.
- Scholarship Application
- Letters of reference from two different individuals (applicants, provide each reference with this link)
- 1. Employer or Music Professor
- 2. Church Musician or Leader
Only complete applications submitted through our online form by the application deadline will be considered.