Ruth K. Jacobs Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: Up to $1500 per year
Established in memory of Ruth Krehbiel Jacobs, founder of Choristers Guild, the Scholarship Fund provides financial aid to full time students preparing for church music ministry. An applicant must be a junior, senior, or graduate student majoring in music, who holds choral music with children and youth as a primary interest. Scholarship grants are given on the basis of academic merit, interest in church music (especially children's and youth choirs), and ministry of church music as a vocation.
- Applications and all required materials must be postmarked or submitted online no later than February 1 of each year.
- Recipients will be notified by June 15 of award or regret.
- Checks for scholarship recipients will be made out and mailed to the university and will be returned to Choristers Guild if the applicant is no longer registered as a full-time student.
- Scholarships may be considered for renewal. Renewing scholarship funding amounts may vary from stated scholarship at the discretion of the Ruth K. Jacobs Memorial Scholarship Committee. Scholarship recipients may request an application for scholarship renewal by February 1 of each year.
An applicant must:
- Be a music major with choral church music as a primary interest.
- Be registered as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited university or college.
- Be registered as a full time student.
- Demonstrate talent and leadership ability and demonstrate promise of future usefulness in church music.
- Scholarship Application (download and print at the top of this page)
- Questionnaire Response (questions on application form, responses to be typed on a separate page)
- Transcript(s) (official transcripts from all colleges attended)
- Letters of reference from 4 different references (to be in sealed envelopes, mailed with application, questionnaire response, and transcripts in a single package)
- 1. Music Professor
- 2. Church Musician
- 3. Ordained Minister
- 4. Personal Reference
Postmarked by February 1, 2013
(No applications will be accepted after the deadline.)